My 1960 261 has a yellow engine with an alpine green head. That does not help a bit. I had a conversation with an old GM paint guy about 24 years ago. He told me that up to 1955 there was no color code on Chevy stovebolt engines. He went on to say that the factories would have 55 gal drums come in with the lowest bid. when a drum got too low the paint guys would mix up from another drum by filling it to the rim. Sometimes the gray matched and sometimes it didn't, he went on to tell me the same thing about the blue engines.. I believe you will fine with the alpine green. Something wierd happend between 1958 and 1960 regarding engine colors on 261's.Doc This does not help you a bit does it? Just found out from Jim Carter that my 54-3100 engine should be dove gray, dang! I guess I will mix a slight amount of blue to a large amount of dove grey. Doc

Last edited by Doc.Hall; 06/19/2020 2:05 PM. Reason: additional info

Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics