Quote
Originally posted by jcarter:
I took some quick measurements on the Impala frame.Behind the front wheels, at the firewall, it kicks out to 58-59" wide.Sits basically under the inside edge of the rockers.The width at the back of the 46 cab is less than that.
And that's really the problem trying to use any modern car frame. Those that have frames are almost all PERIMETER type, meaning that the frame is out in the rockers and too wide to fit under the body of an Art Deco or Advance Design truck.

The S-10 stuff is a little narrow under an Advance Design truck, I'd suggest you check and see if it would be a better fit for your Art Deco truck. I suspect that's going to be your best bet in a frame swap.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...