I have been trying to get my tail lights and brake lights working again and have now run into some confusing wires. I fixed some rat damage and was able to replace the wires that were chewed (they were mostly intact and simple to follow what used to be hooked up to what) but i have a red wire and a thicker white wire that are just dangling with no obvious spot they should go. I have power to my tail lights when i turn them on. I followed the red wire up to the cab and it goes to the brake light switch just above the brake pedal. It doesn't seem to attach to my tail/brake lights at all. I know the blinkers also run through these lights but i can't test if those are working because i haven't gotten around to going through my blinker mech yet. I guess I need to know how that red wire that obviously controls my brake lights, wires into the rest of the tail light wiring. Also I have alot more wiring in the cab/under dash to do. Everything for the ignition and to make the motor run work along with my headlights/brights. but just about everything else has been eaten. Any wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.


62' GMC Fleetside 3/4 ton 235 4-speed.
Time makes fools of us all.