Okay, I put just over 35 miles on the '47 this afternoon. With the gasket washers in place, the four screws are basically dry. After driving the last 200 miles or so, the lip around the valve cover would be full of oil and running down the side of the block by the starter. It's not today; however, it appears I'm also getting some oil from the oil fill cap. This is a vented fill cap and it is venting. The gasket is loose and is quite worn. I have another fill cap, so I'll give that a try. The new valve cover gasket is on the workbench, just in case.......

At least I know there's oil in the engine, right?

BTW, I pulled into my garage after this 'test ride' and a guy followed me right up the driveway. He offered me $15,000.00 for the '47 on the spot! The '47 is still in the garage, don't tell my wife, LOL!!
Attachments
Oil Cap Leak.jpg (112 KB, 58 downloads)
Oil Cap Off.jpg (111.78 KB, 59 downloads)
Valve Cover PS.jpg (162.09 KB, 57 downloads)
Valve Cover DS.jpg (132.29 KB, 55 downloads)


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown