| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,311 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 249 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 249 | Trying to solve my brake problem on this truck I thought I would change the master cylinder. When I do a search for the part, I find sites that have a master cylinder for trucks up to 1 ton, or the 3800 models. These all have a 1.25" bore. I took the one off of my 1.5 ton truck (no hydro-vac) and it too has a 1.25" bore. So why don't the parts places include the 4400 in the "works with this truck" column? Cylinder looks good with no visible pitting or rings and good looking seals. Brake fluid is cloudy. So now I fear all the wheel cylinders need to come off for replacement, rebuild or cleaning. The brake issue I have is the brakes go on but don't come off until the truck sits for hours.
1950 3600 1951 4400 Gazz
| | |
| |
| |