| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,613 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 | Thanks! That's all helpful advice.
I've been looking at the crate motors from GMPP. To get an engine in the truck fast, I really should just buy the base 290 horse 330 lb-ft 350. Later on, I can buy the Vortec heads and upgrade it for another $560 bucks. Then I'll pick up 40 hp and 50 lb-ft. ...Unless I feel like I can afford the step up initially.
What about clearancing the steering box? What did you guys do about that?
52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup 68 Big Block Vette 68 455 Firebird | | |
| |
| |