Thank You to all of you that served our country. For myself, I was drafted in April 1968. There were over a 1,000 of us there that day. Made it half way through the physical exam when the doctor looked into my eyes and told me I was done. I have been blind in my right eye since birth. He asked me if I would allow other doctors there to have a look too. Said the government would make it worth my while. They made reports and drawings at what they were looking at. My retina is mostly scar tissue. Caused by a virus cats have, that the pregnant woman picks up. Destroys the retinas in the baby they are carrying. The government offered me an apprenticeship as a stereotyper. Told them I already had a typography apprenticeship (typesetter). So, as time when on, in 1970 I was married and we had a 6 month baby girl. Still had the apprenticeship. I've always regretted not serving and appreciate those that do. Many of my relatives have served for the Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard. From the Civil War to the current conflicts.

Rick


1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck