You can find deals if you are not in a hurry. I was in the driveway a couple of years ago and a guy pulled up in a rool-off with a 54 3/4 ton on the back. My unrestored and undriveable 53 was sitting at the side of the garage. He said "I saw your old truck and wanted to know if you want to buy this one, I have an open title." I asked how much thinking I might buy it for parts. He stated that it used to run but that's all he knew and wanted $300. It came with a few 12 gauge slug holes in it.It might run and drive, never did anything to it. I keep air in the tires. I decided to give him his full asking price. Since then my build has gotten out of control and it sits out back. The question to me is not how much but how much work do you want to do and at what level? You can ship it from pretty much anywhere in the country for $1K. Go look at it for a few hundred more. I'm guessing your not going to trade it in in a couple of years so take the time needed. For me it's the journey not the destination, but that's just me. Thank you for your time.