The original frame RB brackets were still riveted to the frame, I tried to purchase repo brackets twice and both sets were not even close to the originals, Just today I attempted to tweek the left side to raise the height of the rear bracket that aligns the RB to the fender, it is closer to the body lines, I think I can shim it close to where it needs to be, one problem is forcing it upward causes the mounting surface out of level. It does appear that overtime and crashes that all of these bracket are out of alignment, both side will need to be tweeked. can someone tell me if the 54 / 55 RB brackets are different than 53 and older? I've tried two different manufacturers { I think they probably came out of the same plant } I have run into many instances where the repo sellers offer 47-54 and they are clueless of the differences. Thanks for the information and suggestions. I'm finding these forums are more helpful than going through a ton of U-tubes and not finding this kind of subject matter, Steve


1954 3100 short bed 5 window rest- rod