Originally Posted by spanky
It was indeed a Dealer Accessory, for 47-53 Chevrolet Medium Duty trucks. There was a smaller version available for the light duty trucks. I've owned three of them, just like this one. I sold the one I had on my 53 Chevy COE Wrecker, to someone on here, several years ago.

Studying the design of the one I found, I believe I have the one for 1/2 to 1 ton light duty trucks because of the distance from the top of the bumper to where this ones' headlight rings are located - hoping someone can find a photo of one actually on a truck


My 1950's Truck Projects - All 100% Stock matching #'s
1959 Chevy Apache BBW short fleet w/ bed stainless, Factory 283 V8 Hydramatic
1958 Chevy Cameo w/ 283 V8 & Hydramatic & factory PB
1958 GMC BBW short fleet w/ 336 V8 / Hydramatic
1957 GMC Suburban Pickup (GMC's Cameo) w/ 347 V8 Hydramatic
1956 Chevy 3800 w/ rare 9ft bed, 265 V8 Hydramatic & factory PB