Did a search,and all the gas gauge problem. So I apologize for asking again. Been working on a 1949 1/2 ton installed a 235, a complete wire hardness for 12 volt put in a new sending unit and 12 volt gauges, had the tank out and cleaned it. Just now got to the place I could put gas in, was mainly looking for any leaks in the line connections. Put about 4 gallons in , turned the key on and nothing, no movement at all, gauge stayed on E, Took a test light reached up touched the E post to ground got light with the key on. So I took out the sending unit and tested with an ohm meter, tested ok. My question is I touched the E post with the key off to ground a complete circuit , touched the sending post to ground a complete circuit. Also tested the sending wire at the tank with it disconnected from tank a complete circuit to ground . By the way the hot is connected to the Empty post .Test the tank to ground good , have a wire to ground. Is it possible that the E post is taking the 12 volts straight to ground? Any help much appreciated ! Thanks

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/27/2024 10:58 PM. Reason: added more info to the title