Cleaned up cylinders yesterday. Will finish hone when have pistons.
Mains checked out .002- .0025 no taper with plastigauge.
I'm puzzled on rods. Torqued assembled and checked with bore gauge.
All were to tight ranging from negative .002 to .003.
Some had 3 shims some had 1. One rod had 3 on one side and none on other.
This was a assembled nos shortblock when I bought in 2011. Still had cosmoline on it. I disassembled in 2011 and put on shelf till now.
Seems to me rods should have been adjusted at factory. ?
I suppose I could have lost some during disassembly back then but on every rod?
Plan is to go back through and start with 3 shims on each side on Monday.
Thanks to all for suggestions and recommendations, John


John
37 Chevy 1.5 ton
17 Dodge Brothers Roadster
23 Dodge Brothers Touring
23 Dodge Brothers Coupe
73 Plymouth Scamp 2 dr