In the planning stage on 216 rebuild and need some advise from the experts.
I have a 37 216 that is beyond economical repair due to wear and cracks block casting # 838710, machine be shop says head has a lot of cracks.
Picked up a 39 nos short block but no head casting # 838941
Found a 42 block with good head block casting # 839770.
Here's the problem
38 has flat pistons
42 has domed pistons
Plan on using all engine components from the 37
Machine shop guy says if I put domed pistons in 38 block I can use 42 head.
Is that true? Any problems?
Next question: if I can use domed pistons should I buy standard pistons or should I bore block and use .040 pistons from 42.
Other option is to build a 235 full pressure
Truck is completely disassembled right now for frame off restoration.
Thank, Johm