So just started measuring u bolts to order some new ones and I ran into a minor hold up.... My truck has 2.5" wide rear leafs and the donor truck had 3" wide leafs and I was wanting to use the overload 3leaf pack in place of my single overload leaf. Reason for this is because my truck has a grain dump bed and they didn't put a full sub frame under the dump bed like most dump body's there is just a piece of thick angle iron to keep dump bed frame from sitting on the actual truck frame. And my 8.25-20tires are close to the bottom of bed when I'm loaded so when I put this new axle in the tires on it are 9-20 so are taller and I'm worried when loaded they might rub. So I was initially thinking if I added the heavier overload leaf pack then when I'm loaded it wouldn't allow me to squat as low and adding an extra inch between axle and frame like a body lift kit would do except this would actuall be leaf springs helping hold the weight instead of the useless lift block. So my question is would it hurt anything if I used this 3" overload leafpack above my 2.5"rear leaf springs? Would I need to put a spacer to fill the 1/2" space between the ubolts and the lower leaf pack section?
And just to assure you I'm not trying to accomplish hauling more weight, just hauling the same 5-6tons max as I have been but without the rear squatin as much for the larger tire clearance....
Thanks Mike