| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,396 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | FL,
Just passing along what I was told when building my 383 Stroker for my 46; the builder is a local race engine builder. I had him put my heads on and cam in and then break it all in. I chose the parts for low end torque since I have a 3:08 rear with a TH400. While picking up the engine, I asked if my stock GM "rams horns" would do OK with this 383 with aluminum heads. Builder told me what Hot Rod Lincoln posted above. I will never reach the RPMs needed to gain any benefit from headers. With all the heat related issues that sometimes come along with headers, he advised me AGAINST using headers for FOR using the cast rams horns. I don't have any advice in regard to cast exhaust for your BBC...but just passing along what I was told. Other tidbits I have been told; some of the cast parts flow pretty good anyway. Good luck and have fun with your project. Either way you go it should have some pep. | | |
| |
| |