I just replaced an aged Rochester on my stock 235 with one of Tom Langdon's Holley/Weber progressive 2 bbls. He suggested the H/Weber 5200 (270cfm)($65) setup over the Carter/Weber ($85) that flows a little less and works better on a 2-1 intake. There is a bunch of info available on tuning and rejetting if you feel the need. I personally am looking for 20 mpg@65mph.

I was totally amazed at what a simple, inexpensive upgrade this actually was. I had tried the rebuilt route and couldn't find a rebuilt that had a decent throttle shaft and that was assembled properly. The H/W was $65.(with no core charge) the adaptor was $15. and the linkage was $35.00. The water-heated choke to 12v electric choke conversion was $12.00. He also sells a little paper filter breather for $35-45 bucks.

For less than the cost of a worn-out rebuilt I have a setup that runs as smooth as silk and for the first time I feel like my little 235 is responsive and operating efficiently. I've got some pics in my album that show the linkage and carb. This single progressive 2 bbl. will fill the bill until I recam and try out the C/W dual setup. At this moment I really feel that it can't get much simpler or less expensive than this upgrade.


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"