So I lucked out and scored a set of 5.43 gears on eBay. They weren’t out of a truck, they are NOS from a machine shop sitting on the shelf for decades. The only issue is that the pinion appears to be for an open driveline and I’ve got a torque tube on my 1940 1.5 ton.
So I’m still in need of pinion yoke, nut, u joints and long open driveshaft and carrier bearing to make this work. If anyone has these parts let me know and I’ll buy them. I fully understand that whatever driveshaft I start with will have to be modified.
I’m not posting this in the Driveline forum because people will clutter the thread with all kinds of posts about how they converted thier 1/2 ton to open driveshaft and a nova or S10 rear axle.... this thread is about the Eaton H110.
These gears will lower my RPM from 3k at 55 down to 2640. A taller tire will help reduce it even more. Since it looks like I’ll have to convert to open driveshaft, I might as well install an SM 420 with the open yoke at the same time. This is a change of plans but a welcome one.
[img]
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...DCDD418-C07A-4986-83BA-34C9BFDBBAF2.jpeg[/img][img]
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...C20CF0BC-3AAB-4D61-AA32-C4C5E47D5A91.png[/img]