Hey, HillCity,
I have a Corvette-powered '59 Apache pickup with solid axle and drag-link steering. I decided to install the original GM type of PS, namely the add-on 'linkage' type. I used C-3 Corvette components which are close to the '50s truck PS design and are readily available. I fabbed up a new adjustable drag-link by attaching the Vette valve-body and Vette cross-rod to a mid-70s Dodge 1-ton truck left-hand tie-rod end and adjuster (I had to thread the Vette cross-link rod with RH threads). I attached one end of the power ram to the driver's side of the solid axle with a simple bracket and the business end of the ram to one of those after-market tie-rods with the real tie-rod ends by welding a tie-rod end tapered socket to the tie rod with everything centered. I plumbed new hoses from the PS pump to the valve body and from the valve body to the power ram.
The rig drives easily and steers like a dream! BUT it's also a pain-in-the-arse to get all fabbed up. But then, the stock steering remains and no late-model PS box has to have brackets fabbed up for it.
Regards,
Apache Kid