After I got a local quote of $650 for a reupholstered seat, I too searched for saddlemans. Rock Auto said they had some that would fit a '48 Chev.
There's no slot for a shotgun along the front but they do have the pouches for change and a parking pass.
Fit? They hung over in both directions and were 1-piece. And they were much thinner than my 25-year old saddlemans. I decided to buck it up and modified them.
I cut them length-wise, keeping the tightening loops with the back portion. I put grommets across the rear of the bottom section. I had painted the location of the grommet with contact cement to make the material stronger for the grommets.
I put the excess material of the seat on the passenger side and grommeted it too.
After stretching it all, it looks and sits real fine but I wonder how long they will last.
(I should take a pic of the passenger side to show how that looks.)
Last edited by Wally / Montana; 11/20/20192:09 AM.
34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.