Hello all;

I was trying to figure out if my truck had the original engine or not. I am pretty sure the engine was replaced, but if there is someone who could confirm this, I would appreciate it.
I think the block serial number identifies it as a 1949 engine from a passenger car. The serial number is: GAA693I28 ( that is an "eye" not a "one" )
the truck is a 1946, 3100 series 1/2 ton serial number: 5DPJ7848

I am considering installing an oil filter system and was looking to see where the tie in locations would be. Looking at the oil filter instructions for 1949 I see the oil pressure take off, where the tee would be installed. I am wondering what the additional line ( see attached picture with mark ups ) is for. Is that an external oil line to a gallery of some sort, would that not be a good spot to tie into?

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Attachments
Pictures for Stovebolt engine oil question.docx (4.34 MB, 30 downloads)
Engine Pictures
SHA1: d7bcbd8594754e3b54985b30b8c6b27f31617059


1946 Chev 1/2 ton - 6V/+ground/Bias-ply original - shake/Rattle and Roll! (SOLD)
1940 Chev 1/2 ton Franken/Restomod