hiya folks.

My 350 carbureted engine in my '65 C10 is backfiring. As in, I'm on the highway for awhile, when I let off to slow down for some reason, like to get off at a ramp when it drops from 65-70 to around 45 or so it goes KABOOM...

Yesterday I swapped out the spark plugs and put new wires on, seems to run better but it still back fired.

Anyway, looking for reasons why a engine backfires, more things to check. This is not something I have come across before in my automotive adventures so thanks for any information.

-Woog



This was all in there when I bought it, as things have broken I've had to figure out what year is what.

details:

Engine: 5.7 L Chevrolet — truck / 1992 / 350cid / 210 hp / manual trans / RPO# L-05 / TBI(throttle body injection) vin K(Canada assembly plant)

The distributor is 1985-1987 style, based on when I had to replace the engine module under the cap the last time... that's what it worked out as...

Carburetor: Holley — Model 4160 — single pumper 600cfm.

Intake: Edelbrock Standard Performer — Dual Plane

exhaust is stock type cast iron exhaust manifolds, from there the exhaust was rebuilt at a shop about 2 years ago.