I recently had delivered all the parts I ordered for my '57 break upgrade, and I have a few neophyte questions, if you'd be so kind:


1 - On the new master cylinder (5559MCA from CPP), there appears to be two ports for lines - a smaller one on the driver side of the unit, for the front left wheel, and a larger one on the rear of the unit for the other three tires. Oddly, what I'm assuming is the front tire port, is of a smaller diameter than the new pre bent SS break line I received, and the rear port is larger than the pre bent line. The front port seems to be sized for the smaller diameter back tire line (the ones that tee off to each tire). Should I use reducing adapters to get the new lines to attach - or am I looking at something totally wrong?

2 - I ordered a 10 lb check valve for the back tires (staying drum). I believe I should have ordered 2, and put one in between the wheel and the end of the line, is that correct placement?

3 - With the check valve (ordered from LMC truck) - came a spring and a small black rubber plunger. I'm not clear how those assemble in the valve, especially considering the black 'plunger' has a hole in the middle.

4 - The existing set up has a flexible hose from the T junction for the back to wheels for about 2' up to the hard line going towards the front. Is there a reason that flexible connection is there, and not a hard connection to the SS line?



Thanks in advance for your guidance -