Originally Posted by Fox
But if the ends have been changed, they must have changed the actual tie rod too. It seems weird also that the trucks I’ve had over these years have had the exact same parts. Something is screwy here, because I have never seen a female ended tie rod end on any of my trucks. My 1 ton has male ended tie rod ends too.

The steering arms on my truck don’t have the ball but the holes only.

I’m guessing as well like Gord, is this a Canadian thing?

Others please share what you have.

As always, I appreciate the help and input fellas.

My Canadian 44 1/2 ton is exactly as yours is and it was driving me crazy to find new tie rod ends. Thought my steering arms were 3/4 ton since they didn’t have have the straight hole and were tapered to accept the screw in tapered ball stud. Let me know if you find the right tie rod end as I went thru specs of some manufacturers and couldn’t find one short enough.


44 Canadian chevy 1/2 ton