| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,455 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | Oldsub, I asked the seller and he responded.
"You asked: "How many modifications were done to the frame to get it to fit under the panel? How does it steer and do the tires rub the fenders? What is the overall length and wheelbase of the original 92 frame?"
The frame came from a short bed reg cab pickup. I didn't have to change the length of the frame. I had to move the engine back 4". The rear of the body sits right on the frame rails. I had to make some mounts to mount the front of the frame. The right front tire was rubbing on the fender so I adjusted the torsion bars and it dosen't seem to rub any longer. It steers fine. Thanks, Jeff"
It may be ok for those who like the 4 wheel drive look, but I agree more homework is needed. I jsut thought that it was an oportunity to see another frame modification. | | |
| |
| |