| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
347
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,180 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 | Of course Jerry makes a good point about spreading the heat. I however am choosing to go the ballast resistor route. I have my reasons. If I were to bet on it, I would say the resistor wire is nichrome. The same wire you see glowing in electric heaters. I worked with nichrome building furnaces for metallurgical research in my youth. I remember it being hard to work with. Terminations are a pain.
Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Resistance wire, what years.
| beltfed | 07/11/2019 1:49 AM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| Hotrod Lincoln | 07/11/2019 1:27 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| coilover | 07/11/2019 3:44 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| Lugnutz | 07/11/2019 4:02 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| BC59 | 07/11/2019 5:01 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| rfs56trk | 07/11/2019 9:21 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| beltfed | 07/11/2019 9:22 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| bartamos | 07/15/2019 7:08 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| Hotrod Lincoln | 07/15/2019 7:15 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| beltfed | 07/15/2019 9:06 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| Hotrod Lincoln | 07/15/2019 9:26 PM |
Re: Resistance wire, what years.
| Detroit Iron | 09/03/2019 10:55 PM | |
| |
| |