| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, tclederman, Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, Charles in CA, 49choptop),
74
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,376 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 122 | I drilled the shaft and handle out and installed a cut down cotter pin, then filed it down. It worked great!
Now for the inner handle spring back. Should I try another round of cleaning and lube? I looked at the spring when I had it disassembled before and it looked ok. Does the tension on those springs wear out? I have a new spring I can install.
One other odd thing. If I lock the door from the outside with the key, I can unlock the door with the key. If I lock the door from the inside with the remote, I can't open the lock from the outside with the key. What could that be?
1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear) | | |
| |
| |