The carburetor on my truck has been giving me problems for some time. Hard starting, low power, slow response... you get the idea. I decided to rebuild it, but I can't figure out what model I have. The stampings on the body are 17058213 2837 BJB. This cross references with nothing I have found.
Also, this apparently ran like crap partly because it has no choke control. I managed to figure out it uses a divorced choke, but i have no choke coil or linkage. The engine never had anything for it, the holes are not tapped. I need some kind of choke control, but I also keep getting the run around. The carb is a Carter reman that the PO just slapped on and hoped for the best, and faith didn't get him far apparently. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or should I just toss this, and buy a new Edelbrock?