Originally Posted by 52Chevy319
I need some help and direction with what to do with the front suspension on my 1952 half ton pickup.

So I could get a IFS bolt on kit

Upgrade the current suspension with brakes. Brothers kit

Recently I heard about people bolting on a Crown Vic (2003-2011) front end. I heard the 2003 alumminum frame is pretty stout.

I'm not looking to spend $1,500 for a new front end when I can upgrade to modern brakes for less than $500.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
Chris

I'm confused; do you want to replace your front suspension or not? Why?
Multiple options for disc brakes, both 6-lug and 5-lug. Not cheap, but affordable. Overhauling the original stock suspension; kingpins, tie rod ends, drag link, spring pins and bushings, shock absorbers with a good alignment and radial tires will be several hundred dollars - but it will drive better than new.


Professional Novice