More issues with third gear. I drove the truck down the street and it runs pretty good and shifts fine. I only drove it about four blocks, cruised in third and pulled up to my work and it wouldn't shift out of third again. I rattled the shifter a little bit without forcing anything and nothing helped so I limped it in the back of our place and put it on the lift. The selector and assy is fine and adjustments look good but the third gear lever on the gearbox is stuck. I pulled the cover off and took a few photos and eventually got it to release by hand. The big gear with the thin collar is the one that gets stuck and it doesn't feel right when it gets to the end of its movement, like it goes too far. I have no idea, I don't know these gearboxes at all. I watched a few videos of disassembly but nothing stood out for me.
The selector box and shift rods are all adjusted and work well, it's just the gears in the gearbox causing the problem.
Any thoughts?
UPDATE:. I managed to get it stuck again while messing with in while it was apart and then couldn't get it free. I ended up putting it together as-is so I could limp it back to my garage and while driving it back I got it to release and shift fine again. I read that others have had third stick if they stop without shifting out of gear. Would still like to know what's going on..