Recently I've been presented with an offer to buy a 1936 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton. I've had my eye on this truck for 20+ years. My cousin owns it and, he's finally ready to part ways. I've seriously thinking about it, but I've got a ton more questions than answers.

Here's what I know:
1.5 Ton RWD
206 CID 26 HP 6-cyl
4 speed
First year with hydraulic breaks
Built in Oct of 1935
Body is remarkably straight and clean of rust considering the age.
Interior is in great shape, all glass is good, etc.
Engine does not run. Top 1/2 done 10 years ago. Bottom 1/2 needs to be rebuilt (if we keep the motor)

So, If I do this I'd like it to end up being a daily driver. BUT, I don't know if a daily driver is possible with the existing motor (need to travel highway speeds).

Assuming I really kill the value if I try to modernize the mechanics. Is it possible? What's the cost? (I understand that is a very, very broad question so I understand I'll get some very broad answers).

Just trying to get some advise and a feel for this to make sure it's an expense I want to take on.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.