| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,230 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 | The '37 has a voltage cutout instead of a voltage regulator. If you are going to retain the original voltage cutout, I believe you will need to use the original headlight switch which includes a setting that boosts the generator output so that headlights and options such as a heater or radio don't run the battery down.The switch includes a resistor for when there is no load other than the ignitions system, so that you don't overcharge the battery. This is my understanding of the original system which my '37 retains. I have been told this system is the same as old tractors. I kind of like it as you have to think about what your electric system is doing and watch the ammeter while driving. A little less automatic than when using a voltage regulator. I only have a heater in it so it is no big deal.
If you want a copy of the original wiring system I can send you a photo (too big to fit in my scanner) that came with my harness from Rhode Island Wiring.
Regards, Kent | | |
| |
| |