Can you tell by height, width and style that the X and 5 came from the same letter set as the rest? If the X was under the 5. I don't see how someone could accidently put an X there first? I have to go with the 5 is under the X.

I also can't believe that someone nefarious would ever do that. That's a straight out factory stamp job. Not a PO vin changer. A billion to one chance of finding a frame that is one number off of the VIN and changing it........or vice versa.

There is evidence on the internet of factory errors on Ford sites. One explanation, other than Friday afternoon in the 60's in CA bong land, is that stamp users mixed up the location of stamps within the set. The next guy pulled a 5 out of where the 6 was supposed to be. I don't know what kind of stamping tools were used in 63.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn