Attached is a photo of the transmission in my '49 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton I am restoring. It has 4 shifter slots so it is a 3 speed. I cannot find many references to this transmission in the forums or elsewhere.
1). What is a description of this transmission that I can use for parts ordering etc?

2). Other than checking the fluid level, do I need to do anything to this if it appears alright? It shifts fine. How about the universal joint at the top of the torque tube? Should I check anything there before putting it back into service?

3). When putting the engine back with the transmission still in the vehicle, is it straight forward or is there a "trick" to it?

Best regards and thanks,

Joe
Attachments
IMG_2511.JPG (269.88 KB, 100 downloads)


'49 3100 "Sweet Caroline" because the truck has fabulous curves .... like Caroline!