If you're going to have it sealed, keep in mind the tank baffles! When I was contemplating replacing or sealing the tank on my '41, I studied several youtube videos and what not. They all showed to knock the rust out to use nuts, bolts, chains etc. to shake around in the tank. After pulling the fuel sender unit and using a bore scope, I determined that the nut and bolt method wouldn't work because of the two baffles. They completely divided the tank into three separate chambers with a few small passages on the bottom and top of each baffle. So, I cut three 6 inch holes in the top of the tank to access each chamber and used a pad sander to knock the rust out. Then I used a brush and painted the redkote on the bottom, sides, and baffles; welded/brazed the cutouts back in and finished coating the roof of the tank. The top of the tank isn't pretty, but is completely sealed. I figure since its under the seat, nobody will notice.


1941 Chevrolet AK Pickup
1972 Datsun 240Z
1982 Chevrolet S-10 / Volkswagon Dune Buggy