Hey Hotrod. Gonna bump this thread up hopefully you're still active. I'm dealing with a 216 out of a 49 3/4 ton pickup and cannot seem to find or figure out the oil distributor and how it works.
We've got no oil pumping out of the top (rockers) despite all lines being clear. Oil pump seems to push good and visually looks fantastic considering age.
I'm stuck on how the distributor valve works. Is it replaceable? Doesn't look like it is. With the pan down and an electric dril on the oil pump, it just seems like all the oil is dumping back out the tube that goes into the rod 'dipper' trough's, rather than going up to the rockers, essentially I think it is 'bleeding' off the volume so not enough pressure is going up top.
Would love any advice you could offer or explaination to help us figure out this distributor... So far your explaination and posts here are the only things I've found that make any sense to function!!! The other stuff I've read all seems to say distributor doensn't allow oil into the rod-dipper troughs until the top end sees good pressure.... which seems to be the opposite of what we have going on.