Jerry (Hotrod Lincoln) : you have very well thought out and consistent reasoning in your premise !
Now....as a newbie here, please let me say I truly have a respect for your knowledge about these old stove bolts, and I am by no means an expert on them ....
but, well I think I might politely wonder on whether a stock 216 (or a stock hi-torque 235) needs a bigger oil pump output (in terms of gallons perminute) than what was provided by GM as stock. I think the spec stock pump was well overrated for fluid pumping capacity, so much that it needed a blow-off plug&spring for times of excess pressure (>40-65psi)

Would you agree that those 216 & hi-torque 235's with the combined (aka 4-way) engine lubricated systems are NOT true low pressure (psi) engines, but instead relatively hi-flow (gpm) in lubricating oil?
Would you also agree that the oil pressure we read on our gauge is a major product of engine rpm and oil viscosity ?