I built my own 9 ft bed. It was a BOAT LOAD (about 9ft to be exact) of work but it was worth it. Like John said, people really flock and like to chat about the ole 1 tons. My pal (Doyle1950) has a tilt bed on his and that REALLY gets attention at shows. In hindsight it might’ve have been faster, better, etc to buy the bed, but I got the immense satisfaction of being able to say I built the box. (Excluding the tailgate and polished strips.)


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300