hey 56 -

Check out my web page http://www.wsu.edu/apache.html it's for a 59.

There's some pics in there that may help.

When you install the motor make sure the carb mounting flange (top of the intake manifold) is level with the ground. You will need to get as close as possible to setting ride height to get this correct - a little preloading may be in order to account for weight not added) is parallel with the ground - (0deg tilt).

As for headers - I put the Headman Block Huggers on - you can see a pic on my web site.

As for mounts - I used the side mounts from TCI.

I also have an M2 X-member from TCI.

Everything fits nicely - mounts clear the x-member and headers clear the mounts - even the steering shaft will make the bend easily.


59 Apache Step
78 El Camino
http://www.wsu.edu/~rsain