I have a 1955 2nd series pickup with a fairly stock rear suspension and a 1978 Camaro front suspension with disc front brakes and coil springs and shocks. I have a little raise in the back, which I like and makes the truck look a little mean. I would like to improve the ride a little as when I'm on some roads the bumps make it a little hard to hold on to the steering wheel. I was thinking about changing the leaf springs in the rear and maybe the shocks. Is it better to start with the shocks or the leaf springs? I'm finding that most of the companies that sell leaf springs say that they will lower the stance, which I don't want to do. I know I can change the shocks for the front, however, can I cut the coil springs to lower the front end? Or can I buy shorter coil springs to provide the same affect?