The top vendors are selling a 4X4 decal for 1960 Chevy. Same T-221 transfer case as my GMC. This Decal is wrong. All the way forward with shifter is 2WD. I have pics of my original 1960 truck's decal. Pics of other 1960 original truck decals. They are not what the vendors are selling. J. Carter, Classic Trucks, LMC, etc. This could be VERY dangerous. This could cause serious damage having the lever in the wrong place. I bought the sticker from Classic Trucks months ago, installed it and was happy. Then today when test driving my truck, I tried to match the decal and...... no dice. I had forgotten what the original shift pattern decal looked like until I looked up my old pictures of my interior. The T-221 Rockwell Tcase is: forward= 2WD, 4 Hi, N, 4Lo........the one being sold for 55-63 is: forward= 4Lo, N, 2WD, 4Hi. Classic Parts Part Number 32-021. However, this pattern is stated in the 1963 Chevy Truck Shop Manual. I don't know why. That is the big mystery. This is also the NP205 shift pattern. Which was not introduced until about 70-71. Then they stopped using the decal because the pattern was on the knob. Are there different Timken/Rockwell T-221 shift patterns?
Just a heads up for 60-66 guys. I may be missing some details but be warned! This pattern may be only for early T-221/SM420 combo's. Not sure.
Found one pretty near like my original. Just the colors are off a little. Listed as "67-72 Suburban AT 4WD Shift Pattern Decal"..... Classic Truck Parts Part Number 32-042.... Weird. The vendors all read the same Wiki somewhere years ago....or their supplier is mixed up.