| Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | CFF,
I just took a px of my Tru-stop brake. Px does not show mounting details. All the brake assembly bolts to the trans with bolts above CL of trans and above speedo take off, so if yours attaches to pump with those bolts, you might be lucky. On my trans, there are no other possible mounting bolt holes below the CL that might be used.
Regards Brownie vs. two speed mounting differences: I have done both, two speed axle shafts are equal length, one speed are different lengths. Make sure to get equal length axles w/ two speed. I did mine outside on gravel driveway over Labor Day weekend one year. With Brownie, making and attaching crossmember(possible upside down welding) possible making companion flange ends on driveshafts, making brackets and hooking up shift rods, etc. I vote for two speed being easier. Of course if replacing pump, it gets more complicated.
Ed
Last edited by EdPruss; 01/06/2019 12:19 AM.
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
|