I believe the Speed-Pro hypereutectic cast flat top pistons with the Teflon skirt coating for a 283 V8 are a drop-in fit for the 230 like the same design piston for a 307 fit the 250 engine. The 194 cylinder head has more compression, but it also has smaller valves, IIRC. I'm in the planning stages of building a high-RPM 230 with NASCAR tool steel connecting rods and three side draft carbs to put in an Excalibur fiberglass roadster. I'm considering destroking that one to get down around 200 cubic inches and increase the RPM capability.
Jerry



"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!