OK, so success. first of all let me clarify, the motor was out of the truck and sitting on the floor. I had removed the trans but the motor was frozen and hence the issue in not being able to rotate and access the clutch retaining bolts.

I ended up removing the head and exposing the underside to release the rods from the crank so it would turn. A pain but I finally for the assembly to turn and was able to remove the clutch and flywheel. Sorry for not being clearer on the issue in my original post.

I was simply stripping the motor down so I could list the parts. It seemed a shame to junk the whole thing so I salvaged the flywheel, gen, distributor, head, crank and more. The block itself is toast and will head off for recycling on Monday.

Thanks again for the input.

Paul


1951 3100 5-window
with a '55 235/floor mounted 3-speed
Some of the story in ODSS
Most of it in The Shops Area wink