| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (delky, Steelonsteel),
235
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,098 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,098 | Bill, I have installed the Toyota steering box (kit) on my 56 pickup, several other TF trucks and a 56 Ford F100 pickup. They work well in these applications without any problems. I installed mine in 2000 and it still performs great for parking and highway driving as well. The Toyota box operates at about 900 psi while the standard GM pump produces about 1300 psi. The GM pump pressure can be reduced by installing a shim washer kit in the pressure regulator. The kit is available from aftermarket hot rod suppliers. I cannot give any guidance regarding your 46 as I am not familiar with the frame mounting configuration. I obtained the kits I have installed from ABS Power Brake in Orange, CA. I'm sure they can give you some guidance on your year truck as they specialize in these type conversions. Fred
1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes 1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes 2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans 1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
| | |
| |
| |