Handy Andy or anyone else that can help. I have attached two pics (I hope they are attached). one is titled 'highlighted ebrake' and the other is titled 'hightighted ebrake cable'.
Now for the story (bare with me). In the photo 'highlighted ebrake' you will see the brake drum with arrows #1 & #2. #1 is the ebrake lever and #2 is the point of contact that when the lever reaches that point the ebrake will engage. at this point the ebrake pedal is not depressed. The other photo titled 'hightighted ebrake cable' shows the position of the clovis at the point when the ebrake lever (shown in the previous photo) is engaged. As you can see that even when I use a short clovis the end of the clovis and the nuts on the threaded cable will not meet. Ideally there should be an inch or two for adjustment between the nuts and the clovis when the ebrake is engaged. I my case I could not attached upper clovis (the lower clovis is only there to illustrate the cable position when the ebrake is engaged) to the threaded rod as there is not enough threading. I come to the conclusion that the cable is too long! What am I doing wrong??
Attachments
highlighted edebrake cable v2.jpg (162.65 KB, 256 downloads)
Highlighted ebrake.jpg (165.66 KB, 247 downloads)

Last edited by Jhyp; 12/13/2018 5:47 PM.