I installed a dual-stage power brake unit when my original master cylinder failed on a hill. I bent new hardline to the front, bled the system, and tested. It worked perfectly, stopped the 3.5 ton panel on a dime. I drove the truck to my buddy's shop to replace the sheetmetal damaged in the brake failure, and we ended up doing a major resto. For the better part of a year, it sat in the yard while we worked on a cure for it's cancer.
Here's where it gets strange: When I put it back on the street, I noticed that the brake pedal would stay down when depressed with the brakes locked. I can pull the pedal up and the brakes release, but the only way to make the thing behave normally is to remove the vacuum hose and cap the booster.
So what makes my booster stick with full pressure? I need to get this sorted, as stopping without the booster is a total b1tch.