I still think they are a tad too small to use as a single carb but if you want to tinker with one, try one from a 74 ford pinto. That year had a threaded fuel inlet as opposed to a pressed in brass bung. Rock auto is where I got some of mine from although they sometimes don’t have the cores for an outright sale.

These are the carbs I got from rock auto for my Weiand set up that I was redoing. I switched to a Clifford intake and 38 mm Webers later. The air cleaner studs are from tom Langdon. This set up ran really well on a 235, and ran pretty good on my 261. Yes, those are homemade adaptors, I did this swap initially in the 80s before Internet and had to work with whatever I could find at the speed shop. The adapters that tom Langdon and others sell are just fine to use.

Make sure you orient the carbs with the throttle arm toward the firewall. Theses carbs have the main jet positioned in the bottom crease at one end of the fuel bowel. Fuel level is critical with these carbs and the height is not all that much. If you set the carb up the other way, you can uncover the main jet on acceleration resulting in a bog that will drive you crazy. I ruined two carbs trying to sort that bog out until the lightbulb finally came on.
Attachments
F19EC7E8-0C1E-4338-9FE8-F354AB11AF92.jpeg (300.99 KB, 166 downloads)


Mike