Thanks Mark, A few people have written to ask me which of the carburetors I like the best...the Rochester or the Carter. That isn't an easy question to answer...at least not yet and not without some reservations. Bottom line is I like some things better about the Rochester and some things better about the Carter. If you drive the truck fairly frequently, I believe either one will be ok, but honestly there are fundamental reasons the Carter is a better unit. If you drive the truck fairly [i]infrequently[/i], I believe the Rochester (fitted with one of the newer type non-leather accelerator pumps) might be less prone to need service, but I do believe there are reasons it will run richer and I'm not certain yet those can be changed. As you may have seen, I'm currently working on a way to make the power system work better. It will take months before I know if that scheme works or not. The problem for infrequent use with the Carter is the accelerator pump. Neoprene suffers when it gets wet and then dries completely. It cracks and then it fails. As for the Weber, I've not had one of the 32/36 models. Seems there is an interesting and very rigid dichotomy of opinions. Some think they're great and some think the opposite...not just on this forum. They don't get all that much air time here. On other forums and from what personal friends have told me, I believe I'd avoid them and stick with a good Carter or Rochester. I don't know why it would be so but it seems like some of them are ok and some are defective or at least they simply don't work right from the start. A friend in the UK told me he had to re-jet his several times to find wouldn't cause his engine to starve or flood. From what I've read and been told they use a similar thin neoprene accelerator pump, so I'd expect the same problems there with infrequent use. I'd suggest calling Jon (CarbKing). If anyone can answer this, he can.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end