The gasket inside is not necessary as far as leaking. It seals the filter to the fitting. It will work ok without it as it would take a pretty small particle to seep through there.
You must have the fare fitting cross threaded in the carb inlet fitting. Remove the line & make sure the fitting in the carb is snug & not stripped.. Like Mike says bend the tube so it points straight at the fitting. When you are tightening the flare fitting use a backup wrench to hold the carb fitting. You can buy ready made fuel lines or you can make one up with steal brake tubing. This new alloy tubing they have out know is easy to work with. It you have damaged the carb fitting let me know. I think I have some available I can send you one.
George


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum