If that's the case, and it’s paint from TSC your talking about I see that it is only available in 25 colors. I went to the Tractor Supply Co. (TSC) web site and you’re correct, it is “Valspar Tractor & Implement Premium Heavy-Duty Enamel Paint” that they listed on their site. No prices listed.
I don’t have much to add or comment on concerning “Tractor Paint” because I’ve never used that paint nor have I been in a TSC store. I was just curious as to what you all were discussing since I hear the term “Tractor Paint” used pretty often. It does appear to me that it’s probably the same type of Implement Enamel that is sold by Blain’s Farm & Fleet, Ace Hardware, TruValue, Menards, Home Depot or any of the hardware stores. I don’t know what makes an enamel “Heavy-Duty” unless it is a polyurethane.

I will say for comparison sake, that so far this year I have used PPG’s DBU/DIU base for the interior, it goes on semi gloss and needs a reactive reducer and has short pot life. I’ve also used the “DAR Polyurethane Acrylic Enamel” which needs a catalyst, special reducers, has no pot life and goes on with a very high gloss. Both of these previously mentioned paints are very expensive running around $50 to $70 a quart plus the reducers and or catalyst.
And I’ve also used PPG’s CPC-ALK200 (moderately expensive) “Acrylic Modified Alkyd Enamel” you can shoot it straight from the can with no special catalyst or reducer needed. I’m not terribly impressed with the gloss of the ALK200.
Next I would like to try PPG’s Omni, which is available in AE (Acrylic Enamel) or AU (Acrylic Urethane) and is supposed to be the (least expensive) what ever that means. I would expect the PPG Acrylic Enamel to be competitive with the hard ware store Implement Enamel.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL